- We will not collect any information from you while entering or exiting the site.
- Any email and information sent to us via this website is private.
- We will not share your information with any lists that result in spam being sent to you.
If you are a client:
This privacy notice will summarize how your protected health information (PHI) is used and disclosed at Headwaters Counseling. PHI is health information that is created or received that identifies or reasonably identifies a specific person.
We use PHI as we operate our day to day business. The way we use and disclose PHI, without your authorization, fall within one of treatment, payment or health care operations descriptions below:
- Coordination of Care
- General Administrative Activities
- For public health purposes
- In an emergency situation
- Review Health Care Performance
- HIPAA (Heath Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- Obtain/ provide reimbursement
- Identify Treatment Alternatives
- Mental Health oversight activities
- Certification, licensing and accreditation
- Auditing functions
- Outcome evaluations
- Legal services and law enforcement
You have the right to ask us to consider your request for the following (however, in certain situations, we are not required to agree to your request and therefore your request may be denied):
- Limit how we disclose and use PHI
- Correct PHI or add missing info
- Not disclose a treatment you have had
- Designate a personal representative
- Look at or obtain copies of your PHI
- Limit to whom we disclose your PHI
- Communicate in a certain way to protect you from danger
- Obtain a list of you PHI disclosures
Uses and disclosures of PHI for situations other than those listed above will require a written authorization from you. You may revoke your authorization verbally or in writing at any time.